[oe] htmldoc 1.8.27

Vitus Jensen vjensen at gmx.de
Fri Nov 7 10:18:45 UTC 2008

Am Wed, 05 Nov 2008 19:33:01 -0700 schrieb Chris Larson:

> On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Vitus Jensen <vjensen at gmx.de> wrote:
>> I need htmldoc for ARM and as this isn't available in OpenEmbedded I
>> cooked up my own receipt.  But htmldoc has some specialities:
>>
>> - it does build it's own documentation by using the generated excutable
>
> Build a -native and use that to build the main package.

Just to build the documentation as HTML, PDF and PS?  I seriously doubt
that anyone wants to install this big thing to his device but you're
probably right, one never knows.

>> - it contains an optional GUI component
>> - there are defines in config.h.in not duplicated
>>   in configure.in
>
> configure.in does not replace config.h.in.  config.h.in is either
> hardcoded, as in old buildsystems, or is generated by autoheader.

Thank you for your hint.  I have now found
EXTRA_AUTORECONF += "--exclude=autoheader"

to disable autoheader.  The ugly patch is gone.

>> I guess the complete solution would be several receipts (-native, -doc,
>> -console, -gui), right?  But as I want it for a NAS would the attached
>> console-type receipt be enough?
>
> Two recipes, one with gui and one without, is probably best, to avoid
> building any gui deps for distros that don't need it.

And the documentation in HTML, PS and PDF would go to a -doc.ipk by means
of some FILES_xxx variable?

I will do this for 1.9.x-r1571.

BTW: htmldoc.org uses a mirror select mechanismen for downloads (http://
www.htmldoc.org/software.php?VERSION=1.9.x-r1586&FILE=htmldoc/snapshots/
htmldoc-1.9.x-r1586.tar.bz2), I have hardcoded one mirror in my receipt.
Is there a better way?

By[t]e,
   Vitus

--
Vitus Jensen, Hannover, Germany, Earth, Milky Way, Universe (current)