[oe] htmldoc 1.8.27

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Thu Nov 6 02:33:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Vitus Jensen <vjensen at gmx.de> wrote:
> I need htmldoc for ARM and as this isn't available in OpenEmbedded I cooked
> up my own receipt.  But htmldoc has some specialities:
>
> - it does build it's own documentation by using the generated excutable

Build a -native and use that to build the main package.

> - it contains an optional GUI component
> - there are defines in config.h.in not duplicated in configure.in

configure.in does not replace config.h.in.  config.h.in is either
hardcoded, as in old buildsystems, or is generated by autoheader.
Then the configure script, as generated from the configure.{in,ac}
does its substitutions to generate config.h from config.h.in.

> I guess the complete solution would be several receipts
> (-native, -doc, -console, -gui), right?  But as I want it for a NAS would
> the attached console-type receipt be enough?

Two recipes, one with gui and one without, is probably best, to avoid
building any gui deps for distros that don't need it.
--
Chris Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com