[oe] e-wm broken after yesterdays upgrade

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Sun Nov 16 14:59:11 UTC 2008

Hello.

Sorry for the delay. Having a cold I decided to have a releaxed weekend. Will
take a deeper look next days if the stuff below does not help.

On Sat, 2008-11-15 at 22:32, Koen Kooi wrote:

> I just built and installed the updated e-wm and it refuses to start:

Installed means from the updated angstrom feed I guess?

> [..]
> ESTART: 0.20785 [0.00140] - ipc
> INFO: E_IPC_SOCKET=/tmp/enlightenment-root/disp-:0.0-4494
> ESTART: 0.21292 [0.00507] - font
> ESTART: 0.21494 [0.00202] - theme
> ESTART: 0.25406 [0.03912] - splash
> ESTART: 0.25430 [0.00024] - test file format support
> <<<< Enlightenment Error >>>>
> Enlightenment found Evas can't load PNG files. Check Evas has PNG
> loader support.
>
> E17: Begin shutdown procedure!
>
> But I have:

The only thing I could think about bringing such serious breakage could be the
new dependency of all kind of e libs on eina. Can you please check if the lib is
installed?

> Could the people that touched e-wm please make it work again?

Sure.

As a sidenote. This was not rushed in without testing or review. I spent some
good hours on reviewing it together with mickey, in his role as E maintainer in
OE. We also decided to keep some more patches out until there is more time for
review.

And I of course tested it before pushing. Building and actually using it. No
breakage here. But as I only tested with a complete new image and not with
updating from a feed I may have messed up here. Should not happen though :(

If eina is installed in a matching version I would need the foolowing to track
this down as I don't have the problem here:

- Full x.log
- Full strace
- Full list of installed packages

Thanks forthe time to look into this problem and let me know.

regards
Stefan Schmidt