[oe] Bitbake r1090 (env hiding) makes my build fail.

Mike (mwester) mwester at dls.net
Mon Nov 24 04:54:00 UTC 2008

Rob Kramer wrote:
> Hia,
>
> I'm tracking the stable branch and recently updated bitbake to HEAD. When
> trying a build-from-scratch, I noticed BB quickly failed in shasum-native.
> Some manual svn disecting pointed to r1090 as the one that caused the fail.
> I tried adding a BB_PRESERVE_ENV, but no difference.
>
> Output is at http://pastebin.com/m65e66603. There is no log.do_compile
> generated for some reason, and a build with -D shows nothing much. The gcc
> invoke actually works OK and produces the oe_shasum256 executable.
>
> Any ideas what could be wrong with my setup?

You've gotten further than I have in tracking this down!  Good find in
pointing the finger of suspicion on the env hiding stuff.

There have been a number of folks who have encountered this problem --
including me, at one point.  I struggled with it, determined it was
ccache that was messing up, and at that point I took the easy way out
and just renamed the /usr/bin/ccache binary to get my builds running again.

Oddly enough, now ccache seems to work fine, and I can troubleshoot no
further.

Try messing about with ccache -- disable it, or clean the caches out,
and see if anything will help.  Or you can just do what I did, and
disable it by brute force (rename the hosts' ccache binary).

Mike (mwester)