[oe] checksums.ini - should check only against filename not uri_src

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Fri Oct 17 18:41:09 UTC 2008

Friday 17 of October 2008 15:17:04 Martin Jansa napisał(a):

> I think that there is no reason to have 2 files with same name from 2
> different mirrors with different checksums.

If they have different checksums then they are not same.

> Especially when both will end up in one shared download directory
> ${DL_DIR}.

> Attached is patch adding option to have only filename or pn-filename
> or pn-pv-filename in checksums.ini for base.bbclass and also
> shortened checksums.ini (98 were now duplicit after removing their
> url part.

> pn-filename and pn-pv-filename are considered only, because some
> archives have "bad" names like "1.8.3.tar.bz2" and there could be a
> conflict with other archive with same filename. In this case I should
> use checksum name in form pn-filename ie.:
> bitbake-1.8.3.tar.bz2 #looks like another type of possible conflict
> :/ firmware-1.8.3.tar.bz2
> to make sure, that only right file from DL_DIR could be used.

> What do you think?

Your patch lack part which would write simplified checksums.ini file.

I think that mirrors informations would be still handy as there were
ideas to write wget-like tool for fetching sources which would use own
database for informations about source locations. We could make use of
format like this:

[DirectFB-1.1.0.tar.gz]
url0=http://www.directfb.org/download/DirectFB/DirectFB-1.1.0.tar.gz
url1=http://www.directfb.org/downloads/Old/DirectFB-1.1.0.tar.gz
md5=da30fa2748c7501913c8832a83e654ab
sha256=0ee87256a278079955d78e4f235c15a174afbb507b5434f1966cd3e5f5a3f23a

And any change to checksums.ini format would require updating
contrib/source-checker/ scripts as they are used to check source mirrors
integrity and to sort checksums.ini file.

Regards,
JID:      hrw at jabber.org
Website:  http://blog.haerwu.biz/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcinjuszkiewicz