[oe] checksums.ini - should check only against filename not uri_src

Martin Jansa Martin.Jansa at mk.cvut.cz
Sat Oct 18 18:30:16 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 08:41:09PM +0200, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> If they have different checksums then they are not same.

And they shouldn't be fetched to the same DL_DIR in the first place, so
checksums.ini can define both with pn-filename, and then bitbake would
show an error when the other file would be stored in DL_DIR.

> Your patch lack part which would write simplified checksums.ini file.
>
> I think that mirrors informations would be still handy as there were
> ideas to write wget-like tool for fetching sources which would use own
> database for informations about source locations. We could make use of
> format like this:
>
> [DirectFB-1.1.0.tar.gz]
> url0=http://www.directfb.org/download/DirectFB/DirectFB-1.1.0.tar.gz
> url1=http://www.directfb.org/downloads/Old/DirectFB-1.1.0.tar.gz
> md5=da30fa2748c7501913c8832a83e654ab
> sha256=0ee87256a278079955d78e4f235c15a174afbb507b5434f1966cd3e5f5a3f23a
>
> And any change to checksums.ini format would require updating
> contrib/source-checker/ scripts as they are used to check source mirrors
> integrity and to sort checksums.ini file.

Thanks for comments.

I would like to improve the patch and add parts for scripts too, if you think it
could be used. From discussion on irc it seemed like global checksums.ini
is not a good idea at all, at least because of high probability of merge
conflicts, and that checksums should be moved to .bb files or defined on
per-package files.

Regards,

uin:136542059                jid:JaMa at jabber.mk.cvut.cz
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at voip.wengo.fr