[oe] busybox recipe isappearances

Florian Boor florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de
Thu Oct 23 09:39:22 UTC 2008

Hi,

Phil Blundell schrieb:
> It's long been my view that we should just add newer ones and leave the
> old ones alone.  There's really no reason to delete old recipes and,
> even if you check for PREFERRED_VERSIONs in the git tree, there is no
> real way to know who else might be relying on the version you are about
> to delete.

I share this opinion. Since we do not know what people are doing with OE there
is no way to find out if a recipe is used or not. In fact I can imagine a lot of
situations in which you might want to use an older recipe.

Why do we delete old recipes? We do not do this with old software releases.

Greetings

Florian

--
The dream of yesterday                  Florian Boor
is the hope of today                    Tel: +49 271-771091-15
[Robert Hutchings Goddard, 1904]        florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de
                                        http://www.kernelconcepts.de/en