[oe] Finer granularity for RSUGGEST

Henning Heinold heinold at inf.fu-berlin.de
Mon Sep 22 20:55:25 UTC 2008

Hi,

after fiddling with a filesystem kernel modul and his tools I noticed
in package_ipk.bbclass that if we set RSUGGESTS Variable the suggest field
in the ipk is set for all packages even -doc -dbg -dev and self defined
packages.  I personal
think is not a good choice and way. In my example the kernel module only needs
to suggest the tools package. And with the old method the tools package suggest
it self.

I have prepared a patch for ipk and deb that let us set:

${PN}_RSUGGESTS = mooo

I hope the patch do not break the old behavior.

If I get positiv feedback I will check it in.

Bye Henning