[oe] DEPLOY_DIR / packaged staging / persistent toolchains

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Tue Apr 7 10:12:18 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

I just stumbled over something that surprises me. I have set DEPLOY_DIR
outside TMP for a while (which works fine). Now when I remove the TMPDIR to
start a new build from scratch, I can no longer build anything. Apparantly OE
thinks I do no longer need a toolchain, since it does not attempt to built
one. I need to remove the whole DEPLOY_DIR to be able to do any builds again.

Wasn't the idea of packaged staging to be able to keep core packages and the
toolchain intact when removing TMPDIR? If I understodd this wrong, how can I
do something like that these days? Would it be sufficient to set CROSS_DIR
outside TMPDIR?

Cheers,

Mickey.