[oe] uClibc and 2.6.12.6 linux headers

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 02:34:35 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 07 April 2009 10:39:34 Mauri Sandberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have let myself to be told that you need to have matcing kernel headers to your kernel version when you are building uclibc.

yes usually thats best since after kernel 2.6.18+ had support for generating sanitized kernel headers

> I would need to build uclibc with 2.6.12.6 linux headers as I am trying to put together a system that is based on a kernel with that same version. I have tried to use PREFERRED_VERSION etc but bitbake always selects newest headers and ignores me totally.

if you are using angstrom then you have to make this weak assignment in conf/distro/angstrom-2008.1.conf

-PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-libc-headers   = "2.6.23"
+PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-libc-headers   ?= "2.6.23"

then you can override it in you local.conf

Closest to your version in linux-libc-headers_2.6.11.1.bb so may be thats what you should try first