[oe] recipe "not available"

Michael Sundius msundius at sundius.com
Fri Apr 17 17:46:56 UTC 2009

Philip Balister <philip <at> balister.org> writes:

> Michael Sundius wrote:
> > I've added a recipe for glibc to build the tools used by my company
> > for our set top box. It seems to be parsed by bitbake (since if I
> > intentionally add an erroneous line, bitbake will complain) however
> > when it gets time to run the tasks spelled out in the recipe, I get
> > the following errors, and a different version is used.
>
> Do you have an overlay in place? I've had similar maddening issues
> editing recipes from .dev that were duplicated in an overlay.
>
> Philip

why yes, I have a local directory where I'm keeping my recipes.

oddly enough this is the first recipe where I have a local one
that has the same name and version as one in the
./openembedded/packages/glibc directory.

I thought that there might be an issue where it was confused by
which file it should use. but I've since deleted the version
in the openembedded/packages/glibc directory. I've also
removed the tmp directory... is there anything else I need to
clean out to make sure there are no conflicts?

how did you resolve your problems?

thanks
Mike