[oe] compiling for a coprocessor with a different architecture

Mike Turquette mturquette at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 21:06:32 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I work at TI and have some internal recipes we use to build DSP stuff
in OE for OMAP.  The existing recipes are gross and fetch the DSP
toolchain from a local server, then any other recipe that needs to be
compiled with that for the DSP simply calls the compiler from native
staging in a hardcoded fashion.

What is the right way to compile a subset of recipes for a different
architecture than your main Linux stuff within OE?  Is there a
mechanism for this already?  I'd like something that wasn't specific
to TI or my recipes, and can be used for any number of coprocessors
that have a different architecture from the main CPU.

Thanks,
Mike