[oe] devshell not working with screen remote shell

s hakkesteegt brandhetlampje at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 08:37:28 UTC 2009

Hi Marco,

That's correct, I do use a similar setup.

After you get the message 'task-do_devshell: started', you should open a new
ssh session to your server (in a different console) and you can see there
with 'screen -list' that a new screen session has opened, next to the first
screen session where you executed the bitbake command. Attach to the new
screen session (screen -r). Then you've arrived in the devshell.

When you're ready in the devshell, close it with exit, and the bitbake in
your first screen session will continue .

Siebren (irc: tsjsieb)