[oe] initramfs howto?

Andrea Adami andrea.adami at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 09:45:13 UTC 2009

>The mentioned initramfs-kexecboot-image looks to me like a target to build an initramfs. But this does
>not contain any modules. So it does not involve one of the main questions.

Including /conf/machine/include/kexecboot.inc in the machine.conf we
obtain the result of having one extra kernel built in the same image.

EXTRA_IMAGEDEPENDS += "linux-kexecboot"

You can create your own recipe linux-kexecboot like and populate the
cpio.gz as you like. The a.m. image must be as small as possible, thus
kblic, no shell and no modules, just a custom binary as /init.

BTW it is even possible to concatenate the modules (at the end) of the
cpio, after creating it.

Regards

Andrea