[oe] [oe-commits] Koen Kooi : Revert "ecore: catch up with the new SONAMEs; move to autosplitting"

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Sat Apr 25 13:32:16 UTC 2009

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> I have net seen you getting a majority for this revert :(

I did not ack it outright because I was hoping we could have resolved
the upgradability issue first, without turning this into you versus Koen
again. Both Graeme and I have expressed concern that the commits in
question should be reviewed.

There are a lot of people using OE, with divergent goals. Some people
use it for developing software and do not need package upgrade paths,
others are maintaining distros for people that do use the upgrade paths.
People need to be sensitive to others needs when deleting "old" recipes,
breaking upgraded paths, etc.

Philip