[oe] [oe-commits] Koen Kooi : Revert "ecore: catch up with the new SONAMEs; move to autosplitting"

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Sat Apr 25 18:51:21 UTC 2009

Hello Tom,

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Tom Rini <trini at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
> If I can sum up what it sounds like mickey is saying, he fixed some
> issues that Koen didn't yet (and thus are back now that his changes are
> committed).  So is .dev where we need to freak out and revert things
> that do fix some issue but open another?

Obviously not BUT we need to consider the effects of each change.

Having problems with RRECOMMENDS and like are surely less boring to
break a whole upgrade path. I do believe that the fixes need to be
bringed back but we should really see if we can get the upgrade path
sorted out. If it shows to be rather difficult to get it done so
believe that this needs to be automated in some way (like providing a
script that removes the old packages and install the equivalent new
ones or like).

I also don't think that if a patch has broken a thing we ought to go
and fix it. The first thing to do is to revert it and keep things
going while the issue is solved, preferrable in a branch.

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854         http://projetos.ossystems.com.br