[oe] [oe-commits] Koen Kooi : Revert "ecore: catch up with the new SONAMEs; move to autosplitting"

Tom Rini trini at embeddedalley.com
Sat Apr 25 19:00:09 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 03:51:21PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello Tom,
>
> On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Tom Rini <trini at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
> > If I can sum up what it sounds like mickey is saying, he fixed some
> > issues that Koen didn't yet (and thus are back now that his changes are
> > committed).  So is .dev where we need to freak out and revert things
> > that do fix some issue but open another?
>
> Obviously not BUT we need to consider the effects of each change.
>
> Having problems with RRECOMMENDS and like are surely less boring to
> break a whole upgrade path. I do believe that the fixes need to be
> bringed back but we should really see if we can get the upgrade path
> sorted out. If it shows to be rather difficult to get it done so
> believe that this needs to be automated in some way (like providing a
> script that removes the old packages and install the equivalent new
> ones or like).
>
> I also don't think that if a patch has broken a thing we ought to go
> and fix it. The first thing to do is to revert it and keep things
> going while the issue is solved, preferrable in a branch.

OK.  Shall we move the GNU_HASH QA error being fatal over to a branch
until Khem is happy with the changes required to make gcc package again
then?  All of the meta target are quite broken (and I still need some
ack's on my change to insane.bbclass to fix the devdbg check for sdk
packages too).

--
Tom Rini