[oe] reverting some csets that kill package upgrade paths

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl
Sat Apr 25 21:56:17 UTC 2009

Dnia sobota, 25 kwietnia 2009 o 23:37:14 Koen Kooi napisał(a):
> On 25-04-09 23:18, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:

> >> So suddenly the library packages (or plugin packages, but no
> >> difference in this case) have a new name, but don't set RPROVIDES
> >> or RREPLACES to the old packages containing *the same files*.

> > Provide a patch which will add such ones?

> Well, I verified that e-wm started in beagleboard-demo-image in a
> build from scratch and in an upgraded images 2 days ago, so any
> problems those 3 patches were supposed to fix weren't that critical.
> *After* those 3 patches I have a broken build and broken upgrade
> paths, while *before* things were working for me.

> I actually tested the changes I made for build from scratch as well
> as upgrading an image. While upgrading I actually noticed the ecore
> bug which was present. I could have revert the SRCREV bump, but I
> went ahead and fixed it.

But origin/org.openembedded.dev is not koen/org.openembedded.dev - you
are *not the only user* of that branch (asterisks added because it looks
like you like them). And we have a weekend now - you should wait and
check what would other say about those 3 changsets. As I said:
origin/org.openembedded.dev is not your sandbox - we also like to play
there.

Regards,
JID:      hrw at jabber.org
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/