[oe] [oe-commits] Koen Kooi : Revert "ecore: catch up with the new SONAMEs; move to autosplitting"

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Sun Apr 26 12:09:32 UTC 2009

Graeme Gregory wrote:
> Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
>> Dnia sobota, 25 kwietnia 2009 o 21:44:45 Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
>> napisał(a):
>>
>>> This solution has now been reverted for the sake of the upgrade path.
>>> And just for the records, the technical issue wasn't the reason for
>>> me leaving the OE core team and resigning from all duties -- it was
>>> the way how this situation was handled. Again the core team pretty
>>> much stood watching in apathy and let the most vocal decide on his
>>> own, letting him carry his own way again.
>>>
>> And the whole 'fun' happened during Friday evening and Saturday when
>> some members of so called 'core team' are not reading mails at all. Calm
>> down Mickeyl - it is not worth your nerves.
>>
>> It is 22:46 here, normally I would be sleeping (because I have no idea
>> will my daughter wake me up during night or not) but today I saw
>> Mickeyl's resignation mail on my cellphone and desided to check what is
>> going on.
>>

> I would kind of agree with this sentiment. For the past 3 days I have
> been basically too drunk to enter into sensible discussion of these changes.
>
> And for the record I am also drunk tonight :-) Its taken a lot of work
> to type this :-)
>
> Can we agree to leave the earth shattering announcement to monday
> mornings when I'm normally more sober?

I'm in complete agreement with Graeme. In my case I drove 4 hours, one
way, to watch a mummy movie. This is .dev, we need to stop acting like
any breakage is the end of the world and it needs to be fixed in a few
hours, especially over weekends. (I know weekend breakage is really bad
for people like mwester who do most of their OE work on weekends)

Please guys, if you create a problem on Friday, work out how to defuse
the issue until Monday so we can work out a long term solution. There
are some real issues here that should be discussed so more people are in
a position to speak up on problem commits.

Philip