[oe] [oe-commits] Koen Kooi : Revert "ecore: catch up with the new SONAMEs; move to autosplitting"

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Tue Apr 28 18:13:02 UTC 2009

Hello.

On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 15:41, Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-04-25 at 21:44 +0200, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> > Again the core team pretty much stood watching in apathy and let
> > the most vocal decide on his own, letting him carry his own way again.
>
> Also, I don't think that the external impression one gains of the core
> team is helped by the fact that its operations are somewhat opaque to
> non-members: there doesn't seem to be any public record of the decisions
> that the core team have made (if indeed it has made any) or the
> rationale for them.

I have to agree here. I even had to search the wiki for records who actually is
part of this team.

I seems that such discussions take place on the oe-private list. That is fine as
long as the issue needs to be addressed in a smaller circle until it came to a
conclusion. Still I miss a mail or similar once such a conclusion was done.

A trivial item was the new logo. An offer was posted to this very list that a
company was in favour of paying a designer for creating a logo. Great thing. The
next time I came in contact with this was as the new logo was used on the
website, wiki, etc. I was wondering what happened in between.

For such a trivial issue it was not even a needed to write a mail about it, but
it would have been nice to have a short report on what is/was going on. If a
coreteam of a project does not communicate what it is doing or plans to do it
leaves an aftertaste of missing transparency.

regards
Stefan Schmidt