[oe] some RRECOMMENDed packages do not get included into the image

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 10:32:29 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Klaus 'mrmoku'
Kurzmann<mok at mnet-online.de> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have problems building correct SHR images since some time now. Don't know
> when this started exactly, but it might have been around the bitbake switch
> from svn to git...
>
> The problem is, that a whole bunch of packages does not get installed into the
> image. As far as I can see all the packages are either RRECOMMENDS or
> RDEPENDS. This was working fine.
>
> Anybody got some idea where to look at to debug it or is experiencing the
> same?

I'm experiencing some shr build problems too, but do not know if these
are related or were born from my changes or my gentoo unstable build
host.
For example, in /etc/init.d/ rcS is missing (it should belong to
sysvinit package), and the kernel is not installed in /boot, nor
modules in /lib, but the last may be as I changed the preferred
provider to linux-openmoko to try 2.6.30.1.

P.s. at first try I used the master branch of bitbake but had problems
building qt 4.5.2 (too many loop links), after I switched to 1.8
branch and the build was fine, is the 1.8 branch the right one?

Regards

    Nicola