[oe] Ideas for scripts, to save work, when building several boards

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Thu Aug 13 12:46:19 UTC 2009

On 13-08-09 14:18, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> Koen Kooi skrev:

>>> Didn't try that.
>>> I assume this means that the cross compiler is not rebuilt,
>>
>> Unless you poked at the gcc recipes, no, it won't get rebuilt.
>>
>>> Is the root fs assembled from ipks then?
>>
>> if you use rootfs_ipk.bbclass, yes.
>>
>> Note that the official angstrom buildguide has mentioned that for years:
>> http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/building-angstrom
>>

> I guess I can create a separate
> "build/conf/<machine>.conf" per machine and link
> "build/conf/local.conf" to this file.
>
> if  "MACHINE=<machine>  bitbake<whatever>" does not work

It does the exact same thing here, except that the angstrom method skips
the 10 minute reparse and only parses things that got changed in between.
This is how the angstrom autobuilder works and it hasn't shown any
problems in the method, it only highlighted broken zrecipes (e.g.
zaurus-updater).

regards,

Koen