[oe] patch for compcache recipe

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger+oe at freyther.de
Fri Aug 14 02:06:00 UTC 2009

On Thursday 13 August 2009 21:10:07 Ming Chow 周明 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tried compcache from code.google.com on beagleboard rev B5 and
> n800 for a couple of weeks. It seems helping me getting more usable memory.
> The patch will add compcache stuff which provides both compcache kernel
> modules and managing tool.
> Tested with recent oe repo on my boards, more evaluation on various real
> hardware platforms needed though.
> BTW not touched checksum.ini for the tarball yet.

Hi,

the patch looks nice. I have three minor comments.

Would you please add the checksums.ini entry and send the mail with a Signed-
off-by: line?

I think sending the last two patches (modules_instal target) and not using gcc
directly upstream would make sense? Did you already do that?

This one is on naming. The exmap kernel module is called "kernel-module-
exmap", for the sake of consistency you should consider renaming "compach-
modules" to "kernel-module-compcache"? And maybe install rzscontrol into the
compache package too. The reason is that it is not easy to spot the
relationship from compache to the rzscontrol package.

z.