[oe] Ideas for scripts, to save work, when building several boards

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Fri Aug 14 07:44:51 UTC 2009

Koen Kooi skrev:
> On 13-08-09 22:36, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
>> Koen Kooi skrev:

>>> Yes, local.conf takes precedence over env, so remove it from local.conf.
>>>

>> Thanks,
>> It is easier in the script to symlink "build/conf/local.conf" to
>> "build/conf/${MACHINE}.conf" which has the correct MACHINE definition.
>> Then I can use the script as well as building manually
>> without having to remember to set MACHINE explicitly
>
> ehm...
>
> So you're saying "it's easier to do ln conf/mymachine.conf
> conf/local.conf ; bitbake foo than to do MACHINE=mymachine bitbake foo
> because I don't need to remember machine". To me that doesn't make sense
> since either way you end up setting machine pretty much manually. And
> your 'easier' way incurs a 10 minutes reparse penalty when switching
> machines while mine doesn't. I guess you like coffee breaks more than I
> do :)

The reason for doing a script is to allow building multiple stuff
when I am sleeping or travelling, and as long as things complete
I do not mind the 10 minute pauses.

When I am working interactively, I do not want to specify MACHINE
everytime I do something

Maybe this is something that would work...
alias bitbake="MACHINE=${BB_MACHINE} /path/to/bitbake"

--
Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson