[oe] Ideas for scripts, to save work, when building several boards

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl
Thu Aug 20 19:41:06 UTC 2009

Dnia piątek, 14 sierpnia 2009 o 09:44:51 Ulf Samuelsson napisał(a):
> The reason for doing a script is to allow building multiple stuff
> when I am sleeping or travelling, and as long as things complete
> I do not mind the 10 minute pauses.
>
> When I am working interactively, I do not want to specify MACHINE
> everytime I do something
>
> Maybe this is something that would work...
> alias bitbake="MACHINE=${BB_MACHINE} /path/to/bitbake"

I do that in this style:

for mach in LIST-OF-BOARDS;do MACHINE=$mach bitbake something;done

This works fine in Bash and allow to do anything from remote etc.

My last use was:

for mach in `ls openembedded/conf/machine/at91*`;do export MACHINE=`basename
$mach .conf`; bitbake -cclean base-files sysvinit task-base task-boot; bitbake
console-image;done

To make it work you should have to use MACHINE ?= "machinename" in conf/*.conf
files or just not set MACHINE there at all.

Regards,
JID:      hrw at jabber.org
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcinjuszkiewicz