[oe] xtscal fails + other Xorg init problems.

Phil Blundell pb at reciva.com
Sun Aug 16 21:33:35 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-08-15 at 12:06 +0200, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
> Phil Blundell wrote:
> > On Sat, 2009-08-15 at 11:15 +0200, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> > > Looks like xtscal in x11-image fails.
> > >
> > > $ DISPLAY=":0.0" xtscal
> > > XCALIBRATE extension missing
> >
> > That error is fairly self-explanatory: your xserver lacks the XCALIBRATE
> > extension.  Xtscal won't work if this is missing.
>
> Well, there may be a problem in recipes. There is xcalibrate and
> libxcalibrate. Both provide the same library. Some recipes use
> xcalibrate in DEPENDS, some use libxcalibrate.

Although it might be true that there is an issue there, I don't think
this would be likely to cause the problem at hand.  If you get as far as
running xtscal then you must have at least some version of
libxcalibrate.so on hand, and as far as I know all recent-ish versions
of that library are wire-compatible so it shouldn't matter very much
which one you have.

It seems more likely that the xserver in question simply doesn't include
the extension.  Checking with xdpyinfo would quickly reveal whether or
not that's actually the case, anyway.

> libxcalibrate does not compile on images with xserver-kdrive.

I can't think offhand why libxcalibrate should care what xserver is in
your image.  What's the error you get?

p.