[oe] xtscal fails + other Xorg init problems.

Phil Blundell pb at reciva.com
Mon Aug 17 08:51:20 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-08-15 at 13:51 +0200, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> 3) There is an extension, but with different casing
>    XCALIBRATE is used by libxcalibrate.
>    if another name is used when it is added,
>    then there is a problem when queried.
>    The library is called libXcalibrate.so.
>
>    How does it get its name?

There's no direct linkage between the name of the library and the name
of the extension: they're completely independent at a technical level,
although obviously the name of the library has been chosen to reflect
the extension that it relates to.

The extension has always been named "XCALIBRATE" and it doesn't seem
very likely that its case has changed all of a sudden.  I don't expect
that this is the cause of your problem.

p.