[oe] xtscal fails + other Xorg init problems.

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Tue Aug 18 10:26:28 UTC 2009

Stanislav Brabec wrote:

> There are two recipes for the calibrate library: libxcalibrate and
> xcalibrate
>
> There are two recipes that provide prototypes: calibrateproto
> and xcalibrabrateext
>
> Only some of these combinations result in a working environment.
>
> I'll test, whether latest library version works with xserver-
> kdrive-1300.

Yes, xtscal works with xserver-kdrive-1300 and latest libxcalibrate and
calibrateproto.

It didn't work for kdrive based builds, because kdrive recipe wants
libxcalibrate, but xtscal wants xcalibrate. One dependency chain
overwrites the another with undefined result depending on the build
order.

That is why I would like to propose:
- remove all xcalibrate and xcalibrabrateext recipes
- find recipes and images that need them and migrate them to
libxcalibrate and calibrateproto.
- fix git versioning of libxcalibrate and calibrateproto, maybe
increment PE.