[oe] Create dir with 700 permissions from recipe

s hakkesteegt brandhetlampje at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 08:55:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Graeme Gregory <dp at xora.org.uk> wrote:

> You above recipe doesnt create a package called.
>
> ${PN}-chmodsshdir

Thanx, I missed that.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Phil Blundell <pb at reciva.com> wrote:

> Or, perhaps even better, add ${D} to the chmod command's argument so
> that it can run correctly during image creation.  Deferring this to boot
> time would work, but it'd slow down the initial "ipkg configure" run for
> no real gain.
>
> p.

I agree that I think there is no reason not to do this during image
creation.

So If I combine both these suggestions, this script should only run when $D
is defined (what will be during image creation), isn't it?

pkg_postinst_${PN}  () {
  if [ test x"$D" != "x" ]; then
    chmod 700 ${D}/home/root/.ssh
  fi
}

Unfortunately the result is still the same (after bitbake -c clean my-image,
updated the PR of the recipe and then rebuild my-image).

For testing I tried this as well:

pkg_postinst_${PN}  () {
    chmod 700 ${D}/home/root/.ssh
}

But that didn't change the permissions in the rootfs either.

By the way: I rechecked the result in the workdir and there the result in
the image/ dir has the correct 700 permissions, but the result in the
install/${PN}/ has the 'wrong' 775 permissions already. Am I right that it
might not be a problem from the package manager, but that the .ipk might be
created with the wrong input?

Siebren