[oe] Create dir with 700 permissions from recipe

Michael Smith msmith at cbnco.com
Wed Aug 19 12:00:51 UTC 2009

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009, s hakkesteegt wrote:

> pkg_postinst_${PN}  () {
>   if [ test x"$D" != "x" ]; then
>     chmod 700 ${D}/home/root/.ssh
>   fi
> }

> pkg_postinst_${PN}  () {
>     chmod 700 ${D}/home/root/.ssh
> }
>
> But that didn't change the permissions in the rootfs either.

Well, that's odd. I'd think one of those would do the trick. But:

> By the way: I rechecked the result in the workdir and there the result in
> the image/ dir has the correct 700 permissions, but the result in the
> install/${PN}/ has the 'wrong' 775 permissions already.

It's a buglet in the populate_packages process: permissions of
non-empty directories are not preserved. You can work around it in your
recipe with the hack I posted to the thread yesterday. It's how I create
my ssh key package for deb (not tested with ipk).

Mike