[oe] LPC3250, helloworld-image, configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs

Dmitry Vinokurov d.vinokuroff at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 17:47:05 UTC 2009

Khem Raj wrote:
> On (23/08/09 19:25), Dmitry Vinokurov wrote:
>
>> Khem Raj wrote:

>>> dont confuse pure cross with canadian cross. You are doing a normal
>>> cross build here which means build machine is same as host machine.
>>>
>>> Your problem is probably because you are overriding CC and friends
>>> which could be confusing (already confused) configure even more.
>>>
>>> Try setting CC_FOR_BUILD=<your native compiler on the build machine>
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> -Khem
>>>
>> Thank you for your help. I'm newbie in OE and crosscompiling at all
>> and may confuse some things.
>>
>> Just now I've tried to build some not so simple as helloworld but
>> not so complicated as kernel -- bc calculator. And I'd like to say
>> that during configure stage it sets:
>> --build=i686-linux --host=arm-oe-linux-gnueabi --target=arm-oe-linux-gnueabi
>>
>> Builded bc works fine on my board and this is normal, not canadian,
>> cross build.
>>

> its a target package being built on build machine. Your build was failing to compile a package which
> will run on your host (similar to cross compilers) they are not same
> cases. module-init-tools would be analogically similar to bc but not
> module-init-tools-cross which is the package you reported failing.

Yes, you're right. Recently read documentation more attentively
(http://docs.openembedded.org/usermanual/usermanual.html#recipes_variables)
and understood that I was wrong.
Now appearing errors are more familiar to me and I hope soon image for
LPC3250 will be built successfully and I'll report about it.

--
Best Regards,
Dmitry Vinokurov