[oe] [RFC] gtk+ and fonts

Florian Boor florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de
Mon Dec 7 15:41:30 UTC 2009

Hi,

our current GTK+ packages recommend a single Truetype font (ttf-dejavu-sans).
This might pull in a quite large font collection that might be different from
what the user wants. For a Japanese image e.g. you might not want these at all
or you might just want different fonts (like the Android ones).

I would be fine removing this RRECOMMENDS entry without any replacement. Another
option would be to create a virtual provider for basic ttf fonts and define a
matching run time dependency.

What do you think?

Greetings

Florian

--
The dream of yesterday                  Florian Boor
is the hope of today                    Tel: +49 271-771091-15
[Robert Hutchings Goddard, 1904]        florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de
                                        http://www.kernelconcepts.de/en