[oe] Does it possible to use pre-built native tools

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 09:06:27 UTC 2009

2009/12/8 Guo Hongruan <camelguo at gmail.com>:
> Hi Koen,
>   Thanks for your information.
>   I think it will save my time. Consider I have to build several platforms
> for different architecture, in fact the native tools is architecture
> independent. So I think it is more reasonable to avoid building native tools
> for other platforms. Is there anything wrong with me.

If you build different machines in the same tmp dir the system will
normally not rebuild native packages.
Also if it is the same architecture you won't get a new compiler (e.g.
if you have two armv5 systems).
Thinking of it, not sure what would happen if one version would insist
on using an older version of gcc

Frans