[oe] Patch for bitbake to enable the --ignore-deps option accept regular expression

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger+oe at freyther.de
Tue Dec 15 05:50:46 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 15 December 2009 05:12:41 Guo Hongruan wrote:
> Hi guys,
>     I modified the bitbake to enable it accept regular expression with -I
> option. Now I can generate dot file without any native packages, using the
> following command:
>
> bitbake -g helloworld-image -I "native$"
>
>     Hope it is useful for you
>
> Thanks a lot!

Awesome! Could you please do me three more favors?

1.) Use git commit and send us the result of git format-patch. This way you
will be properly credited as the author of the change.

2.) You have added the same code to 3 (or 4... I don't want to count) places,
I think this warrants to create a new python helper function (feel free to ask
me how to do it) to have some code sharing.

3.) Once you have factored out the code into a method that returns True/False
depending on if you filter it or not... You can directly return on the first
match instead of doing the regexp on every other dependency as well.

thanks a lot!

	z.