[oe] Qt4 GLES (once again)

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Sun Dec 20 19:05:59 UTC 2009

On 19-12-09 08:54, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> Hi Koen, All,
>
> we have the GLES problem once again in the Qt4 recipes. My opinion is still
> the same that a "bitbake meta-toolchain-qte" should work without requiring
> downloading proprietary stuff from TI/PowerVR.

Exactly

>  From what I think to know, the only difference between GLES and the non GLES
> recipe is that we have one plugin more. Koen could you help me to verify that?

For qt/e it's one plugin more (a gfxdriver) and library (openvg) and for
qt/x11 it's one plugin (gldriver) + 2 libs (opengl + openvg) more.

> If the above is the case, we could just use qt4-embedded-gles (without
> claiming to provide anything else) and then just package the GLES plugin?

That was my original goal, but the current structure of the .inc makes
that very hard to do. I tried packaging *only* the extra stuff, but that
leave to with one big problem: you need to build regular QT first and
you can't build QT if a QT is present in staging.

I'm open to suggestions that don't involve useflags.

regards,

Koen