[oe] [TSC] First Meeting

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Wed Dec 23 19:24:18 UTC 2009

Hi Graeme,

Thanks for the email.

On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 14:00 +0000, Graeme Gregory wrote:
> I think we should try and organise a general one hour chat of the
> TSC on irc sometime the first week in January (4th - 8th). I think
> we should probably hold this private discussion just to organise
> ourselves then organise some form of public meeting later in the
> month to let the OE community have their say.

Agreed, we should meet and the first week in January sounds good to me.
Looking at the timezones of the TSC members an afternoon or evening GMT
probably works best. How about I pick a time, say 8pm-9pm on Monday 5th
and then we can discuss who that doesn't work for :)

Our first discussion needs to cover creating some kind of procedures for
making decisions and publishing the results of those decisions. We
should create an agenda, does anyone want to propose anything else for
it?

> Ultimately I think it might be a good plan to hold open meetings
> once a month or so. Just so people feel they can contribute to
> the decision making process.
>
> What do people think?

I agree, we should try and do something like "first Monday of the month
at time X-X+1" so people know what to expect. I'd suggest actual TSC
voting takes place over email but on a tight timescale (72 hours to
respond?) so anyone who can't make the actual discussions/meetings can
still vote. I also propose making the votes open and published so people
can see what members of the TSC are doing and everything is transparent.

Cheers,

Richard