[oe] OpenEmbedded toolchain census

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Mon Feb 2 16:36:33 UTC 2009

On 02-02-09 17:20, Marco Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'd like to take a census of OE toolchains available for different
> architectures.
> Does anybody want to contribute telling me which machine and which
> toolchain is using?
>
> I started with the following:
>   MACHINE=collie arm-oabi
>   MACHINE=at91sam9263dk arm-gnueabi
>
> and if there are toolchains for DaVinci, MIPS, PowerPC, and so on.
> BTW I wonder what is created for
>   MACHINE=generic-i586
>
> Any hint will be appreciated :-)

Let's answer a few questions first:

* What do you mean with "toolchains"?
* What do you want to do with the resulting information?

Angstrom will generate working toolchains for nearly every machine in
OE, so you don't need to know about toolchains. More to the point, if
you need to ask about them, you shouldn't be touching them :)

regards,

Koen