[oe] [RFC] renaming packages/ to recipes/

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Wed Feb 25 20:54:14 UTC 2009

On 25-02-09 21:41, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:

> Speaking of TMP and outside of it - does it make sense to have DEPLOY outside
> of TMP by default in OE? I do it in Arago, but I had to make a small fix in
> base.bbclass though - see bug #4580.

That's exactly what I'm talking about :) I was thinking of a structure
like this:

/OE/org.openembedded.dev # metadate
/OE/conf # local.conf, auto.conf, site.conf
/OE/tmp # work/ stamps/ cache/ rootfs/
/OE/target # ipk,deb,rpm/ images/
/OE/build # staging, cross, pstage packages
/OE/downloads # DL_DIR

That just leaves finding a place for sdk output and things like
sourcepkg and source_distribute.

This isn't an RFC yet, since I haven't worked it all out yet, but don't
let that stop you from sending in an RFC :)

regards,

Koen