[oe] OE breakages, was: Re: fakeroot fails to build

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Thu Feb 26 19:37:26 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 26.02.2009, 18:20 +0100 schrieb Frans Meulenbroeks:
> > Maybe it's time for OE to consider whether it really wants a zillion
> > commits per day or only a few tested commits per day.

I think we want both, given the right branches. Let me again propose a
structure such as org.openembedded.{stable,testing,unstable} where only
cherry-picking from the more unstable to the lesser unstable branch is
allowed.

Note that this doesn't conflict with your idea of reviews, someone/some
people still need to decide which revs are good to cherry-pick.

> BTW, I noticed that there are a lot of bugs in bugzilla about packages
> that do not build. Most of these are old. Guess the bugs are fixed but
> no-one seems to close them.

I regularly scan the bugtracker doing my share of cleaning, more people
should do that.

--
:M: