[oe] OE breakages, was: Re: fakeroot fails to build

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Sat Feb 28 15:53:35 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 11:54:46AM +0100, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
[snip]
> Not sure whether it will be easy to make a build env with chroot
> (although I know debian does something like that).

Having done this, yes.  It's basically using deboostrap to setup a new
system, then for Ubuntu use aptitude and mark everything auto-installed
except ubuntu-minimal and ubuntu-standard.  Then use (and update)
the OEAndYourDistro wiki page + bitbake to see what other host stuff you
must bring in.  Vanilla Debian would be, I think, just a different set
of meta packages.

--
Tom Rini