[oe] looking for an arm-based board

John Willis John.Willis at Distant-earth.com
Wed Jul 1 12:46:16 UTC 2009

> This time  I need a  small arm with  standard peripherals (UART,  SPI
> or
> I2C) and ethernet.  The task it has  to do is controlling  a few
> devices
> with the commands received over TCP/IP.
>
> Since I don't know all the supported machines, can you suggest me a
> cost
> effective ARM7 or ARM9 board that works well with OE stable/2009?

If you want a cheap board that is well supported and very actively developed
by OE (both dev and stable/2009) then the obvious choice is the BeagleBoard.
You would need to add Ethernet into the mix but a simple USB stick (or I/C)
can do that job well.

It's a Cortex-A7 board so it may be over the top in the capacity stakes but
it's hard to knock it ;-).

John