[oe] [Bitbake-dev] Bitbake runqueue performance improvement

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Thu Jul 23 08:04:51 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 09:48 +0400, Roman I Khimov wrote:
> If recrdeptask is supposed to apply to the package that wants recrdeps, then
> it's wrong, sure. How to fix that is the question, we can't do
>
> do_rootfs[recrdeptask] += "do_rootfs"
>
> And yet we want to run do_rootfs for image after do_rootfs's for dependencies
> were made.

Ok, I understand what you're trying to solve.

> It can't or we're talking about different multiimage situations.

It does work and its not really so different. For example:

http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/packages/images/poky-image-live.inc

>  I've written
> already here, suppose you need different images that depend like this (real
> example, BTW):
>
>        /-8
>   /-2--+
> 1-+    +-9
>   |    |
>   +-3  \-10
>   +-4
>   \-5-6-7
>
> So when I'm building image number 2, I need to have images 8, 9, 10 to be
> built to place that images on image number 2. Same with 6-7, 5-6 and 1 to 2,
> 3, 4, 5. Without that patch bitbake started do_rootfs for image number 2
> before do_rootfs for 8, 9, 10 was done.
>
> In order to solve it using standard package deps mechanism that commit was
> made.

Images 1,2,5 and 6 need to specify they have dependencies on other image
rootfs tasks with something like:

do_rootfs[depends] += "some-other-image-task:do_rootfs"

Is there some reason this doesn't work?

Cheers,

Richard