[oe] [Bitbake-dev] Bitbake runqueue performance improvement

Michael Smith msmith at cbnco.com
Fri Jul 24 17:37:56 UTC 2009

Richard Purdie wrote:

> Is there any other feedback on the bitbake patch?

For me, it makes preparing the runqueue at least twice as fast (from ~2
to ~1 second for a small console image, ~14 to ~6 for something with X11).

My task dependencies look identical before and after the patch, except
for the new harmless <image>.do_rootfs ->
<image>.do_package_write_deb,do_populate_staging that you wrote about at
the start of the thread.

Now if only "Resolving any missing task queue dependencies" were a
little faster :) That part's running about 40 seconds for me on a large
image.

Mike