[oe] UserVoice for feature/enhancement requests rather than bugzilla?

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Fri Jul 24 22:27:14 UTC 2009

Chris Larson wrote:
> I set up http://openembedded.uservoice.com/ ages ago

Hi,

I'm kind of wary of tool profileration, especially if it means we are
not masters of our own data anymore.  I also never understood what kind
of problems people were having with bugzilla.  I've directly asked a few
people and there was basically only one lesson learned; those who
complain don't know about the features that bugzilla offers.

Let me know where you think bugzilla in general and the way we use it in
OE in particular falls short and I will either point out the button
you've missed so far or work on a fix ;-)  Seriously!

OE as a community has a tendency of "Let's throw a new tool at it and
everything will be pie".  Will we ever learn that is not the case?

Regards

Rolf