[oe] getting bitbake-1.8.12 for the org.openembedded.dev branch?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon Jul 27 15:06:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

> On Saturday 25 July 2009 23:43:09 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > >
> > > In which way do you see breakage? bin/bitbake is gone when you
> > > switch from stable to dev? So you executed the host bitbake
> > > (which you said was bitbake 1.8.10). What error happened?
> >
> >   it was temporary breakage since, when i switched to the dev
> > branch, the invocation of bitbake reverted to the fedora-installed
> > package, which was 1.8.10, which was rejected as being too old for
> > the dev branch.  it just took a few seconds to realize what had
> > happened.
>
> Looking at this. First of all the answers were not as friendly as
> they should have been. Second, I think you have a point that there
> is a inconsistency with stable and dev.
>
> Personally I'm not using stable so I have no idea.
>
> Marcin, Koen. Do you switch from dev to stable? How do you do that?
> Do you have two complete build trees for stable/dev?

  i wasn't trying to make a big deal of this, only pointing out that
there was some definite confusion in switching from the stable branch
to the dev branch and having bitbake suddenly "stop working."  i
understand how it works now, but it's possible others will trip over
that same issue.

rday

"Kernel Newbie Corner" column @ linux.com:          http://cli.gs/WG6WYX