[oe] Advice needed on using Bitbake to make qt project (.pro) Click to flag this post

Stuart Gray stuart68 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 06:23:29 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am new to using Bitbake and would like to ask if anyone has links to
examples on how to get Bitbake to build Qt projects.

I have successfully used Bitbake to add firmware files to my image, but I am
about to look at building Qt projects into the image. I have already added
the Qt Embedded package to the image.

Any advice would be great as I have very tight project timescales and I am
trying to reduce risk as far as possible. I have been through the Bitbake
example and searched online for examples. From what I understand I should
just be able to add the .cpp, .h and .pro files to the SRC_URI list. Now I
know from reading up on Bitbake that if the SRC_URI contains a makefile that
Bitbake will recognise this and use it to compile the code, but is the same
true if it contains a .pro file. Will it call qmake and then make?

Regards,
Stuart