[oe] Force clean of dependencies

Ambrose, Martin martin at ti.com
Mon Jun 1 22:09:44 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 15:19:17, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:

> >> Thanks for the suggestion but it doesn't seem to work for me.
> >> Looking at the mplayer recipe, e.g, the DEPENDS list
> includes freetype.
> >> So my hope is that the latter 'ls' command in the
> following sequence
> >> would be empty but it  is not.
> >>
> >> $ ls work/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi | grep freetype
> >> freetype-2.3.6-r0
> >>
> >> $ BB_STAMP_POLICY="whitelist" bitbake mplayer -c clean
> >
> > Is BB_STAMP_POLICY in BB_ENV_*WHITE for you? If not, you
> need to set it in
> > local.conf.
>
> I believe Martin has BB_PRESERVE_ENV=1 set, which is default
> in Arago for now.

Yes. The comment above this setting indicates that the whitelist
feature is broken for now.

> > Also, BB_STAMP_POLICY works in the other direction, it will
> invalidate
> > mplayer if you touch freetype.

Is there a variable setting which forces cleaning of dependencies?

FWIW I found this link but haven't tried yet which uses a script,
outside of bitbake, to parse the package for dependencies and cleans
them as instructed.
http://www.uv-ac.de/openembedded/openembedded-6.html#ss6.2

Regards,
Martin