[oe] busybox & syslog init script

Michael Smith msmith at cbnco.com
Wed Jun 3 14:09:35 UTC 2009

Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-06-02 at 21:27 -0400, Michael Smith wrote:
>> 1) split the syslog initscript into busybox-syslog, as is already done for
>> busybox-httpd and busybox-udhcpd;

> The only practical way to do #1 is to make busybox Depend: on the
> newly-created busybox-syslog package.  Otherwise, folks who do "ipkg
> install busybox" in the expectation of getting the syslog bits will be
> disappointed.

Would RRECOMMENDS have the same effect? It works for rootfs
(busybox-syslog ends up in the root image). But I don't know if ipkg
cares about recommends.

I'd prefer RRECOMMENDS to RDEPENDS, because if I don't have
CONFIG_SYSLOGD=y, I can make busybox-syslog be empty so it won't get
created and nothing will complain.

Mike