[oe] e2fsprogs-libs failed on latest org.openembedded.dev branch

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Sun Jun 7 19:13:30 UTC 2009

Phil Blundell wrote:
> > I was hoping that it was fixed by this commit:
> > http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/commit/?id=3ac37564039127c80eb5cf109fddf23a8e438bf8
> >
> > Can you confirm, that you have a newer snapshot?
>
> That commit doesn't obviously look like it would fix anything; it seems
> to just be tweaking the names of some local variables.  What was the
> intent of that change?

>/home/daniel/work4/oe_fr/tmp/work/armv4t-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/util-linux-ng-2.15-r3/install/e2fsprogs-libs-dbg

1. This path apparently mixes path elements defined by two different
recipes. I was under impression, that there exists some type of
unintended cv_libdir inheritance between these two recipes. Maybe my
impression was incorrect, but

2. After applying of this patch, I did not see this error any more.
I even tested rebuild from scratch with no error. And finally

3. The variable name cv_libdir is deduded from "libcv" in opencv recipe
and has no relation to e2fsprogs nor util-linux-ng.