[oe] e2fsprogs-libs failed on latest org.openembedded.dev branch

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Sun Jun 7 19:20:13 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-07 at 21:13 +0200, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
> 1. This path apparently mixes path elements defined by two different
> recipes. I was under impression, that there exists some type of
> unintended cv_libdir inheritance between these two recipes. Maybe my
> impression was incorrect, but

There certainly shouldn't be any such inheritance.  If there is, that's
a bug and we should fix it.

> 2. After applying of this patch, I did not see this error any more.
> I even tested rebuild from scratch with no error. And finally

I suspect that was probably just coincidence.  This bug seems to be
somewhat intermittent; I don't know exactly what's causing it, and it's
never actually happened for me, but (re)building things in a different
order seems to clear it up.

> 3. The variable name cv_libdir is deduded from "libcv" in opencv recipe
> and has no relation to e2fsprogs nor util-linux-ng.

Yeah, it's very possibly true that all this code was cut'n'pasted from
opencv.  That oughtn't to be a problem though.

p.